Now I have peaked your interest I'm sure you'd like to know who the house guests are?
Well, they are called Cinder & Treacle and they are a pair of female chinchillas that we are looking after for friends for a couple of weeks. We have a pair of male chinchillas ourselves but they are kept in our spare bedroom so Cinder & Treacle are staying in our living room.
Treacle now seems to have lost interest and has decided that sleeping IS the best way to spend the day so I will continue my post...
July was a very busy month for me and so August has been a little about catching up with some of the back end stuff that often gets put off and deciding what the next new adventure should be for my business.
As a bit of a recap I launched a new website www.smallscalelights.co.uk at the start of August, dedicated to my LED lighting range and have been adding new products to that during the month.
I have had some interesting sales this month including selling some of my nano chip LEDs to a chap making a model of the Enterprise from the new Star Trek movies, some amber and warm white flickering LEDs for a diorama and some of my 3mm LEDs with clear lens clips are being used for spotlights in a modern art gallery room box. Hopefully I will have some photos for my customer gallery when these are all completed.
At the start of July I took some workshops at the Stafford Making Day and I have received a couple of photos of my workshops which I thought you might like to see. I'm the one in front of the window.
|Stafford Makers Day Workshops - Beginners Guide to LEDs|
|Stafford Makers Day Workshops - Making a table lamp|
I already do Online workshops through the Minis4All Yahoo group and with the technology available to us today it's very easy to communicate and there are lots of ways that information can be provided making online workshops a popular alternative.
This is where you come in! I would like you to help me develop these workshops by telling me what would work best for you. I would like to tailor my workshops to fit your needs so if you can take 5-10 mins to answer a few questions I would be very grateful.
- Would you prefer step by step instructions in PDF form, a video demonstration or both?
- Would you like a set time to complete the task or to do it at your own leisure?
- Would you like to chat with me to ask questions and get feedback?
- If I set up a closed Facebook group to enable you to ask questions and show your finished items would this be of interest?
- Or would you prefer a Yahoo group?
- For a workshop lasting about 1-1.5 hours would you consider £10-20 to be reasonable? (Cost will be determined by price of the kit and associated additional material such as a booklet)
- Any other comments?
Your feedback is important to me so thank you for taking the time to comment.